AM, MBBS, FRACGP, FACNEM, FASLM
Member of NICM Research Committee and NICM Associate Professor Adjunct
Associate Professor Vicki Kotsirilos AM is a respected general practitioner with over 30 years of clinical experience at the Dunstan Dental and
Medical Clinic (opens in a new window) in Melbourne. She integrates evidence-based holistic therapies such as acupuncture, nutritional and herbal medicine with mainstream healthcare.
Associate Professor Kotsirilos keeps up to date with the research in these areas culminating in the development of the successful textbook A guide to evidence-based integrative and complementary medicine (Elsevier). She is also a regular writer for Medical Observer, publishing a monthly column on evidence-based
Integrative Medicine and circulates research updates for Australian doctors.
Associate Professor Kotsirilos holds Adjunct Associate Professorial positions with NICM, Monash University, and La Trobe University, Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences.
She was the founding Chair of the RACGP (opens in a new window) Integrative Medicine Working group, as well as the founder and Founding Past President of the Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) (opens
in a new window).
Associate Professor Kotsirilos served as an active board member on AIMA for 20 years, forging positive relations with Government and peak medical bodies such as the AMA and RACGP.
She has served on many state and federal Government committees, such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration, Complementary Medicine Evaluation Committee (eight years) and as the GP member on the Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee (five years).
In addition, Associate Professor Kotsirilos served on the Victorian Council of the AMA and for several years worked closely with the Medical Panels, Victorian Workcover.
She continues to work for regulatory federal Government bodies such as the PSR and AHPRA.
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 - Australia Day Environmental Award by Bayside City Council for recognising outstanding and long-term leadership, action, and advocacy for coastal and natural heritage protection in the City of Bayside, and generating community awareness of the value of our Bayside environment.
- 2016 - Awarded a Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia for significant service to integrative medicine, to health practitioner standards and regulations, to medical education, and to the environment.
- 2014 - Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) Award in recognition of outstanding service in the field of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine.
- 2013 - Honorary Fellowship Award by the RACGP.
- 2007 - General Practice Excellence Award by AGPAL.