NICM's 2017 Symposium, Clinical Trials in Integrative Medicine: Challenges and Opportunities, will take place on the 16 November 2017 at 1PSQ, Western Sydney University Parramatta City campus.
Clinical trials explore whether a medical strategy, treatment, drug or device is safe and effective for humans. Clinical trials in integrative medicine pose a unique challenge due to the complex nature of the interventions.
This symposium will discuss the challenges and opportunities of clinical trials by exploring novel clinical trial designs, strategies for translation of evidence into practice and promoting collaborations between relevant research institutes, practitioners in the community, industry and government organisations both nationally and internationally.
Bringing together leading researchers, clinicians, practitioners, research collaborators and industry decision makers from around Australia, the symposium will explore key issues affecting the health and medical research and innovation sectors focusing on herbal medicine, acupuncture, and mind and body therapies.
- Professor Martin Stockler, Oncology Co-director NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, and Professor of Cancer Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney
- Professor Jian Ping Liu, Professor in Clinical Epidemiology and Director, Centre for Evidence-Based Chinese Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese
- Laureate Professor Rob Sanson-Fisher AO, Director, Health Behaviour Research
Group, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle
- Associate Professor Kenny Lawson, Principal Health Economist, Centre for Health Research, Western Sydney University
- Dr Amie Steele, Associate Director Research, Endeavour College of Natural Health
- Professor Caroline
Smith, Professor of Clinical Research, NICM
When: Thursday, 16 November 2016 from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Where: Western Sydney University Parramatta City Campus. Level 9, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta
- $150 professional registration
- $85 professional registration early-bird price, register before 31 August 2017
- $85 student registration
NICM Symposium contact information
Sponsorship opportunities: email@example.com
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 2 4620 3284
NICM Symposium Registration
Register before 31 August 2017 to received the professional registration early-bird offer and save $65.