CONNECT | LINKEDIN (opens in a new window)
AM, MBBS, FRACGP, FACNEM, FASLM
Member of NICM Research Committee, NICM
Associate Professor Adjunct, NICM
Associate professor Vicki Kotsirilos AM is a respected GP with over 30 years of clinical experience, and holds adjunct associate professorial positions with NICM, Monash University, and La Trobe University, Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences.
She was the founding chair of the RACGP (opens in a new window) Integrative Medicine Working group, as well as the founder and founding past president of the Australasian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) (opens in a new window). Associate professor Kotsirilos served as an active board member on AIMA for 20 years, forging positive relations with government and peak medical bodies such as the AMA and RACGP.
She has served on many state and federal Government committees, such as the Therapeutic Goods Administration, Complementary Medicine Evaluation Committee and as the GP member on the Adverse Drug Reactions Advisory Committee (five years).In addition, Associate professor Kotsirilos served on the Victorian Council of the AMA and for several years worked closely with the Medical Panels, Victorian Workcover. She continues to work for regulatory federal Government bodies such as the PSR and AHPRA.
Associate professor Kotsirilos writes a regular monthly column for Medical Observer ‘Integrative Perspective’ and is co-author (lead) of textbook: A guide to Evidence-based Integrative and Complementary Medicine (Elsevier).
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 Australia Day Environmental Award by Bayside City Council for recognising outstanding and long-term leadership, action, and advocacy for coastal and natural heritage protection in the City of Bayside, and generating community awareness of the value of our Bayside environment.
- 2016 Awarded a Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia for significant service to integrative medicine, to health practitioner standards and regulations, to medical education, and to the environment.
- 2014 Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) Award in recognition of outstanding service in the field of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine.
- 2013 Honorary Fellowship Award by the RACGP.
- 2007 General Practice Excellence Award by AGPAL.