LINKEDIN (opens in a new window) | TWITTER (opens in a new window)
MBA (Innovation and Leadership), MA (Org Comm), BA (PR and Org Comm)
Communications Strategy Manager, NICM Health Research Institute
Ms Connor joined NICM Health Research Institute (NICM HRI) in February 2015 as the Institute's Communications Strategy Manager. Her role is responsible for driving awareness of the Institute's research and activities amongst key external and internal audiences and managing the Institute's communication channels and platforms.
Ms Connor is a global marketing, brand and communications advisor with over 20 years' experience in driving and developing strategic marketing and communication plans across consumer and enterprise markets for blue-chip and Fortune 500 organisations. She has specialised in reputation management, cultural change and organisational transformation by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders including executive boards, government, industry, media and consumers.
Throughout her career, Ms Connor has worked with leading international and national organisations and her various roles have included successful campaign partnerships with government departments and international high profile brands and personalities. Prior to her role at Westmead Millennium Institute for Medical Research, Ms Connor held in-house roles with Symantec, SAP and Delta Electricity, as well as positions with leading global and national PR and marketing agencies including The Project Group, Text 100, Hill and Knowlton, and Carl Byoir and Associates.
She has worked across broad industry sectors including healthcare (pharma, medical research, academia/tertiary, and government); information technology (consumer and enterprise); consumer lifestyle; automotive and motorsports; energy (electricity and gas); and building and construction.
Ms Connor is experienced in implementing in-country, regional and global communications programs across the Asia Pacific Japan region.
- 2021 Certificate Brand Management, Cornell University, United States
- 2020 Certificate Decision-Making in Difficult Times, INSEAD, France
- 2020 Master of Business Administration (Innovation and Leadership), University of Canberra, Australia
- 2019 Certificate Corporate Social Responsibility, University of Pennsylvania, United States
- 2018 Certificate Conflict of Interest, Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australia
- 2018 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, University of Canberra, Australia
- 2014 Master of Arts (Organisational Communication), Charles Sturt University, Australia
- 2011 Certificate Strategic Project Management, University of California Los Angeles, United States
- 2001 Bachelor of Arts (Communication – Public Relations and Organisational Communication), Charles Sturt University, Australia