LINKEDIN (opens in a new window) | TWITTER (opens in a new window)
MHerbMed, BHSc (NAT), ND DBM DRM DNUT (FNHAA MATMS MSCC MICRS)
Research Fellow, NICM Health Research Institute
Coordinator Australian Medicinal Cannabis Research and Education Collaboration, NICM Health Research Institute
Justin Sinclair joined NICM Health Research Institute in 2017 as a Research Fellow who has been researching and studying cannabis in Australia and the United States for the last 15 years. Key areas of his medicinal cannabis experience span several scientific disciplines, including cultivation, botany, genetics, ethnopharmacology, therapeutic applications and phytochemistry.
Mr Sinclair coordinates the Australian Medicinal Cannabis Research and Education Collaboration at NICM HRI. He also heads up the Scientific Advisory Board for United in Compassion, Australia’s leading medicinal cannabis advocacy group, which was instrumental in lobbying for government legislation around medicinal cannabis.
Mr Sinclair is an associate member of both the Society of Cannabis Clinicians in the United States and the International Cannabinoid Research Society, and has been heavily involved in educating medical professionals, scientists and politicians about cannabis based therapeutics and the endocannabinoid system over the last 18 months.
Blending the best of both modern science and traditional knowledge, his clinical interests include osteoarthritis, herb/drug/nutrient interactions, digestive disorders and mental health.
- Mental health
- Herbal medicine
- Medicinal cannabis
- Pain management
- Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry
Projects and grants
Mr Sinclair's research is supported by external funding agencies.
See a list of current projects.(opens in a new window)
- 2004 Master of Herbal Medicines, The University of Sydney, Australia
- 2002 Bachelor of Health Sciences (Naturopathy), University of New England, Australia
- 2002 Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Australia
- 2002 Diploma of Botanical Medicine, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Australia
- 2002 Diploma of Nutrition, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Australia
- 2002 Diploma Remedial Massage, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Australia
- 1994 Bachelor of Science (Forestry), The Australian National University, Australia
For a full listing of publications please see: