CONNECT | LINKEDIN (opens in a new window)
Phd, BSc (Hons)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Dr Sai Wang Seto completed his PhD in Cardiovascular Pharmacology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2008. His thesis project focused on the evaluation of the modulatory effects of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor on the vascular reactivity. Dr Seto received his postdoctoral training from the Department of Physiology of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland focusing on blood pressure regulation and vascular/smooth muscle physiology using both in vitro and in vivo models. Before joining NICM, he worked as a Senior Scientist in the Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease, James Cook University and was a recipient of the National Health and Medical Research Council Research Fellowship and National Heart Foundation Fellowship.
Dr Seto has strong and continuing interest in cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology research aiming at identifying new treatments for cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis, aortic aneurysm and stroke. During his PhD training, Dr Seto participated in several pharmacological studies on TMC using both in vitro and in vivo models. Over the last five years, he has been actively involved in numerous collaborative projects on herbal medicine with The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Macau University. Working with Professor Dennis Chang, Dr Seto is responsible for the development of preclinical in vitro and in vivo models to evaluate the underlying mechanism of actions of TCM for cardiovascular diseases and understanding of the synergistic effects of herbal medicine.
Projects and grants
Dr Seto's research has been supported by numerous external funding agencies including NHMRC and industry.
See a full list of past and current projects(opens in a new window).
- Member of British Pharmacological Society
- Member of Australia Vascular Biology Society
- Member of NHMRC Research Translation Faculty
- Development Team Member of the National Heart Foundation Queensland Cardiovascular Research Network
- Reviewer of Pharmaceutical Biology
- Guest Lecturer – College of Arts, Society and Education, James Cook University
- Visiting Research Fellow – School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2008 PhD in Pharmacology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 2004 BSc (Hons) in Pharmacology, The University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
For a full listing of publications please see: