LINKEDIN (opens in a new window)
Dr Srinivas Nammi has a doctorate in Pharmaceutical Sciences, specialising in Pharmacology. Before joining Western Sydney University as a lecturer in Pharmacology, he worked at the University of Sydney for three years and at the University of Canberra for one year.
Dr Nammi has completed all his academic degrees at Andhra University, in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, India. Since completing his PhD in 2003, he has gained extensive postdoctoral experience at the University of Tubingen, Germany and at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
Dr Nammi has worked as an Industrial Pharmacologist for a year where he was closely associated with the establishment of a Pharmacology research laboratory. He has an excellent track record in herbal medicines research and made significant contribution to both basic and applied research related to drug discovery, biological evaluation and mechanistic studies with special focus on metabolic disorders. Dr Nammi has published 42 scientific papers with more than 450 research citations and contributed to over 30 conference abstracts.
- Endocrine and cardiovascular pharmacology
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance
- Cell dysfunction
- Lipid disorders
- Fatty liver disease
- Drug-drug and herb-drug interactions
Projects and grants
Dr Nammi's research has been supported by numerous external funding agencies including industry and professional associations.
See a list of past and current projects.(opens in a new window).
Awards and recognition
- 2006 Sesquicentenary (SESQUI) University of Sydney Postdoctoral Fellowship, Australia
- 2003 Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) Fellowship, Germany
- 2002 Best Presentation Award, Seminar on Pharmaceutical Research in the New Millennium, India
- 2000 Best Paper Award, 52nd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, India
- 1999 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Senior Research Fellowship, India
- 1996 Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Fellowship, India
- Editorial board member of Journal of Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Peer reviewer for biomedical journals including Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, BMC Complementary & Alternative Medicine, BMC Pharmacology, Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, Indian Journal of Pharmacology, Journal of Diabetes
- Examiner for honours/masters/PhD theses from domestic and overseas universities
- 2003 PhD, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, India
For a full listing of publications please see:
- WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY PROFILE (opens in a new window)
- ORCID (opens in a new window)
- GOOGLE SCHOLAR (opens in a new window)
- RESEARCHGATE (opens in a new window)