Why is this course needed?
Our studies have indicated that information is needed to assist individuals make informed decisions about self-care. This web resource provides you with practical tools and advice.
How will this course help you?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify some complementary medicine therapies that may be helpful, based on current scientific evidence.
- Find credible sources of complementary medicine information.
- Make decisions about complementary medicine therapies based on evidence.
- Understand why it is important to monitor and evaluate complementary medicine use.
- Talk with your healthcare provider about complementary medicine.
Overview of modules
The course consists of six modules:
2. Complementary medicine the evidence
3. Finding and evaluating of complementary medicine information
4. Decision making
5. Working with your complementary medicine practitioners
6. Monitoring your complementary medicine decision
Progressing through the course
While you are free to jump to particular modules of interest, each module builds and relies on the information developed in the previous module. It is recommended you finish all modules to get the information you need from this course to make safe decisions about complementary medicine use.You can move back and forth between modules if you would like to review content.
Consider your situation
As you move through the course, think about how you can apply what you learn to your unique situation. Before you begin the next module consider the following questions.
- Are you thinking about using a complementary medicine therapy?
- What are you hoping to achieve by using a complementary medicine therapy?
- What health care problems do you have?