Bringing together Australia’s leading medicinal cannabis researchers, academics and clinicians, this online symposium will showcase current Australian research, and discuss regulatory developments and education regarding medicinal cannabis.
> Download the symposium programme (PDF, 1250.93 KB)
- Opening session commences, 9.30am AEST
- Final session concludes, 4.30pm AEST
- DR RICHARD DI NATALE, Former Federal Senator for Victoria and Leader of the Australian Greens; Chair of Medicinal Cannabis Health Advisory Council, Medicinal Cannabis Industry Association; Public Health Advisor, Community Health.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR CAROLINE MACCALLUM, Internal Medicine Specialist, Clinical Instructor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Community Internal Medicine and Adjunct Professor Faculty Pharmaceutical Sciences and Associate Member Division of Palliative Care, University of British Columbia.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR JOHN SKERRITT, Deputy Secretary, Health Products Regulation Group, Department of Health, Australian Government.
- FIONA PATTEN, MP, Member for Northern Metropolitan Region in the Victorian Parliament’s Legislative Council and Federal Leader of the Reason Party.
- DR DANIEL PERKINS, Honorary Research Fellow, School of Social and Political Science, Faculty of Arts, University of Melbourne; Former Director of the Office of Medicinal Cannabis in the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
- PROFESSOR TIM KARL, Professor of Behavioural Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Western Sydney University.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JONATHON ARNOLD, Associate Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Group Leader, The Cannabinoid Research Group, The University of Sydney; and Associate Professor of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bosch Institute, Faculty of Medicine and Health, The University of Sydney.
- PROFESSOR XU-FENG HUANG, NHMRC Research Leadership Fellow, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of Wollongong, and Australian Centre for Cannabinoid Clinical and Research Excellence.
- PROFESSOR IAIN MCGREGOR, Academic Director and Director of Preclinical Research, The Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, Brain and Mind Centre, The University of Sydney; Professor of Psychopharmacology, School of Psychology, Faculty of Science, The University of Sydney and NHMRC Professorial Research Fellow.
- PROFESSOR JENNIFER MARTIN, Chair of Clinical Pharmacology and Head of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle; and Director, Australian Centre for Cannabinoid Clinical and Research Excellence.
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR GENEVIEVE STEINER, Research Director, NICM Health Research Institute, Western Sydney University.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR DAVID HEILPERN, former Magistrate, Professional Practice Professor and Adjunct Professor at the School of Law and Justice at Southern Cross University.
> Download the speaker abstracts and bios (Coming soon)
WHEN: Thursday, 12 August 2021
TIME: 9.30am-4.30pm AEST
WHERE: Virtual via Zoom
COST: $99 (registration), $59 (registration for student)
This symposium is open to researchers, academics, students and industry with an interest in the evolving medicinal cannabis research space.
Registration is now open
Book now.(opens in a new window)
Registrations close 4 August 2021.
Upon booking a symposium ticket, a Zoom link will be sent to you by email one week prior to the virtual symposium from NICM Health Research Institute.
Symposium refund and cancellation policy
All refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund requests will be granted as follows:
- Full refund is available until 5 August 2021, with partial (50%) refund thereafter.
NICM HRI Medicinal Cannabis 2021 Symposium contact information:
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Phone: +61 2 9685 4760