MCE invite medical and allied healthcare practitioners to attend this education seminar on essentials of medicinal cannabis. A two-day interactive course designed to educate practitioners on evidence-based medicinal cannabis, its uses, prescribing, herb-drug interactions and other safety issues.
This course will be beneficial for medical practitioners, GPs, nurses, pharmacists, Chinese medicine practitioners and naturopaths/western herbal medicine practitioners. Completing this course will help healthcare practitioners understand many of the common clinical applications, how to prescribe, and how to ensure patients are safe.
At the end of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Safely and appropriately prescribe a range of medicinal cannabis formulations and products
- Discuss the evidence base and clearly communicate to a range of stakeholders the rationale for the use of medicinal cannabis
- Communicate information to patients using a range of mediums that answer commonly asked questions and concerns about medicinal cannabis
- Describe a range of support groups, professional networks and reliable information sources available within the field of medicinal cannabis
- Apply for authorised prescriber approval under the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Authorised Prescriber Scheme (medical practitioners only)
- US medicinal cannabis expert Dr Jeffrey Hergenrather MD.
- Australia's leading medicinal cannabis experts.
- 19-20 May 2018 from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
11-23 Burwood Rd
Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both days. Read (opens in a new window) the full terms and conditions.