10 December 2021
Over the last six months researchers from NICM Health Research Institute have commented on topics from dementia care, Ayurveda medicine, medicinal cannabis, medicinal psychedelics, endometriosis, exercise and nutrition.
Key highlights include:
- Across July and August Professor Jerome Sarris featured across national and international media with the announcement of Psychae Institute. Media outlets included The Age, Brisbane Times, WA Today, ABC Radio, European Business Magazine, Health IT News, New Delhi Times, AP US, Yahoo! Finance, and TheStreet.
- In August, Justin Sinclair featured in Brisbane Times, Sydney Morning Herald, WA Today, Newcastle Herald, Yahoo!7 News discussing medical cannabis and the need for formalised training to doctors.
- In September, Dr Angelo Sabag’s past paper on HIIT exercise received further traction in Men’s Journal, MSN and Press From Germany.
- In September, SBS, News Bharati,IndiaMedToday, Pharmabiz.com, IBG News, Sarkaritel.com, BioSpectrum India and Asia, Orissadiary.com, and Devdiscourse covered the announcement of an AYUSH Chair of Ayurveda Medicine with Western Sydney University and the Indian Government.
- In September, Dr Mike Armour’s medicinal cannabis research featured in a NZ Herald medicinal cannabis story.
- In September, Diana Karamacoska featured in The National Tribune and Mirage News for her upcoming dementia community study.
- Adjunct Associate Professor Jennifer Hunter in November featured across international and national coverage for her paper on Zinc and the common cold and flu like-illnesses with over 700 pieces of coverage. Key titles included London Daily Mail, Daily Mail UK, The Indian Express (India), The Independent (UK), El Español (Spain), Drugs.com, ライブドアニュース(Japan), Gizmodo (US/AU), Daily Telegraph UK, Daily Mirror (UK), Irish Daily Mail, GQ, MSN globally, Yahoo! Canada and UK, Huffington Post UK, CBC USA various network news, MedPage Today (US), MedScape, Medical News, Today Harvard Men's Health Watch, Prevention Magazine, Sunday Express, Australian Doctor, and The Western Australian to name a few.
- Justin Sinclair and Dr Mike Armour’s research on endometriosis and medicinal cannabis aired on Ticker in November.
- Further in November, Dr Mike Amour’s spoke with 7 Nightly News Tasmania and 7 Nightly News Launceston about his latest endometriosis paper and research, which also featured across other media outlets including Life - Yahoo!7 Lifestyle, Cosmos Magazine, The New Zealand Herald, The Advertiser, The Courier-Mail, Ntnews.com.au, The Mercury, Gold Coast Bulletin, The Chronicle, Herald Sun, News.com.au, The Daily Telegraph, Cairns Post, Women's Health, SmartCompany, Kidspot.com.au, and Women's Agenda, Echonetdaily, Retail Pharmacy Magazine, Retail Pharmacy Assistants, The National Tribune, Mirage News, and News Chant.
- In December, Dr Mike Armour’s past research discussing menstruation matters and the number of teenagers missing school due to period pain was referenced in articles across Daily Mail AU, MSN AU, and radio station 2SM.