29 September 2023
NICM Health Research Institute (NICM HRI) have over the last three months featured in leading media commenting on topics including NHMRC research grants, endometriosis, bush medicine, yoga and dementia, PCOS, and medicinal cannabis.
Key highlights include
- In September, Endometriosis Australia spoke with ABC Radio, discussing endometriosis and past research findings from Associate Professor Mike Armour and the launch of Endo@Work program.
- In August, Associate Professor Carolyn Ee spoke with newsGP for their story, PCOS guidelines shine light on ‘neglected’ condition'. Associate Professor Ee was part of the management committee for the new 2023 PCOS International Guidelines, led by Monash University.
- In August, Adjunct Associate Professor Vicki Kotsirilos featured in SMH, The Age and WAToday article on the topic of medicinal cannabis and driving safety trial.
- In July, Professor Gerald Muench and NICM HRI PhD candidate Shintu Mathew featured on SBS series First Inventors (also syndicated across Network 10) discussing their research in bush medicine.
- In July also, Dr Diana Karamacoska, was featured in South China Morning Post, discussing how yoga can help dementia patients.
- Western Sydney University and NICM HRI's NHMRC grants success for dementia researchers received coverage in July from Mirage News and The National Tribune.
- Associate Professor Mike Armour's earlier June Conversation article, 'What’s a TENS machine? Can it help my period pain or endometriosis?' was republished in India's EastMojo digital newspaper.