Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
30 March 2020
During the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation, the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is our priority. The University is taking necessary precautions to protect our community and while the University and NICM Health Research Institute (NICM HRI) remain open, a number of measures are being implemented to limit staff and student time on campus. For up-to-date information on these measures, visit News and Updates. The University and NICM HRI will continue to closely monitor Australian Government and health authority advice.
In regards to the Institute's clinical trials, all new recruitment is currently suspended. However, anyone interested in our current clinical trials are encouraged to contact the trial team to register their interest, check their suitability and be kept informed about when recruitment will reopen.
Stay informed - Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert and more...
- For the latest information about the global response to the COVID-19 outbreak, visit the World Health Organization (WHO) website page.
- WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic (opens in a new window)
- The Australian Government website is regularly updated to give you the latest COVID-19 news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
- The Australian Government COVID-19 Essential Information (opens in a new window)
- The Australian Government COVID-19 State and Territory Government Information (opens in a new window)
- Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app or join the WhatsApp channel
- Apple App Store (opens in a new window)
- Google Play (opens in a new window)
- WhatsApp channel on iOS (opens in a new window) or Android (opens in a new window).
- The Australian Government's National Coronavirus Health Information Line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 1800 020 080
- The Australian Government Department of Health website is the main source of health-related information on what Australia is doing in response to this pandemic, including the latest official medical advice and case numbers. Find out how you can help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Australia, and what to do if you have symptoms.
- The Australian Government Health of Department Health Alert (opens in a new window)
- For the latest information on COVID-19 from NSW Health.
- NSW Health (Opens in a new window)
- Western Sydney Local Health District’s COVID-19 podcast.
- Western Sydney Health Check podcast (opens in a new window)
- Up-to-date coverage with ABC News.
- ABC News (opens in a new window)
- ABC Coronacast podcast (opens in a new window)