1 February 2016
We extend a warm welcome to our new NICM team members who join us for an exciting and memorable year ahead.
- Dr Genevieve Steiner joins NICM in 2016 as a NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellow.
- Dr Minjung Park from Seoul University, South Korea is a visiting Endeavour Postdoctoral Fellow who joins NICM for the first six months of this year. Dr Park is working with Dr Jennifer Hunter to undertake a cost-effectiveness analysis of integrative hospital care verses conventional hospital care for adults suffering from an acute stroke. Dr Park's earlier research demonstrated improved mortality for stroke patients who received integrative in-patient care that combined Western medicine and Korean medicine.
- PhD candidate Zewdneh Sabe will be exploring maternal complementary and alternative medicine use among African immigrant women in Sydney.
- PhD candidate Dianna Porter will be investigating Chinese medicine and breast cancer.
- MRes candidate Beatrice Venkataya, will be working with the Yirralka Miyalk (women) ranger group of north-eastern Arnhem Land to explore the extraction and formulation optimisation of their product range based on local bush medicines.
We are also recruiting for two additional team members to join us in the coming months; a research assistant clinical trial co-ordinator working with Professor Caroline Smith and a business development officer working as part of the University's REDI Business Research Development team.