CONNECT | LINKEDIN (opens in a new window) | TWITTER (opens in a new window)
PhD, MMed, GradCertMedAcc, BAppSc, MBBS
Executive Committee Member, NICM Health Research Institute
Director, Western Sydney Integrative Health, NICM Health Research Institute
Jacka Foundation Senior Research Fellow, NICM Health Research Institute
Integrative Medicine Program Lead, NICM Health Research Institute
Dr Ee is a GP researcher and was one of the first practicing medical doctors in Australia to gain dual qualifications in Chinese Medicine. She completed a Masters and PhD on acupuncture for menopausal hot flushes at the Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne. Dr Ee specialises in clinical trials on acupuncture in women's health, and is the current chair of the RACGP Integrative Medicine Specific Interest Group. She joined NICM in January 2016 as a Research Fellow, and was appointed in November the Jacka Foundation Senior Research Fellow.
Dr Ee is the recipient of multiple research awards and grants including the Chris Silagy Scholarship, NHMRC postgraduate scholarship, and PHCRED scholarship. Her pilot work on acupuncture for hot flushes led to a subsequent NHMRC project grant and publication in a high-impact journal. Dr Ee's research interests are in acupuncture clinical trials, particularly in women's health, PCOS, insulin resistance and breast cancer, as well as translational research in complementary medicine more broadly.
- Women's health
- Breast cancer
- Insulin resistance
- Integrative healthcare
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Translation research
Projects and grants
Dr Ee's research has been supported by numerous external funding agencies including NHMRC, industry and professional associations. Over the last five years she has attracted three successful external research grants totalling $500,000.
See a full list of past and current projects (opens in a new window).
Awards and recognitions
- 2015 Barbara Gross award for best overall research presentation at Australasian Menopause Society congress
- 2015 Winner of Best Research Presentation at Australian Integrative Medicine Association conference
- 2016 Chair, Integrative Medicine Working Group, RACGP National Faculty of Specific Interests
- 2016 Member, GP Advisory Board, Blackmores Research Institute
- 2016 Authorised person, Chinese Medicine Council of NSW
- 2015 Strategic Education Advisory Group member, Integrative Medicine Working Group, RACGP National Faculty of Specific Interests
- 2015 Member, Advisory Board, Anaphylaxis Network Australia
- 2014 Chair, Students in Primary Care Research Committee, The University of Melbourne Dept. of General Practice
- 2016 PhD, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2010 Masters of Medicine by Research, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2007 Graduate Certificate of Medical Acupuncture, Monash University, Australia
- 2007 Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australia
- 2004 Bachelor of Applied Science with Distinction – Chinese Medicine/Human Biology, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
- 1998 MBBS, The University of Western Australia, Australia
For a full listing of publications please see: